So Sitecore 9 is out and with it quite a lot of new exciting features and functions. One is more awaited than the others. Sitecore Forms. In this blog post I will be taking a look into the forms in combination with the experience accelerator. Hopefully Sitecore has a new powerful tool that editors can use to create powerful forms with ease. Continue reading Let there be forms! Sitecore Forms!
Many of today’s Sitecore implementations contain lots and lots of items. In many cases the items are stored in buckets and the editors are therefore totally dependent on finding what they are looking for by using the search functionality in Sitecore. When entering the search in Experience Editor the editors may become a bit overwhelmed with information since the default is to search for everything. Normally the editor could start filtering and then search for whatever is needed. Continue reading Customize default search in Sitecore experience editor
As the title says when an editor pastes text into a single-line field in the experience editor, the html formatting does not get stripped correctly. This bug has been verified in Sitecore 8.1 and 8.2. I have not tested in any other versions.
What I have done here is to change the field type in the home item of an empty Sitecore installation to a single-line field. I then searched for “Sitecore rules!” and copied+pasted the title from google into the single-line text field and saved the item.
There is a patch for this provided by Sitecore support. It can be downloaded here:
When applied the html stripping of formatting should work as intended.
The version of the patch says that it is built for Sitecore 8.2, but Sitecore support has told me that it will work fine for Sitecore 8.1 as well.
Sitecore’s media library does a good job of keeping the media that you want to use on your site, but the amount of media in a large site may become hard to navigate. The editors will then rely on search to find what they are looking for. Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to search for the contents of the images instead of the metadata? Continue reading Integrate Microsoft AI in Sitecore media library
In a lot of cases it would make sense to tell Sitecore at what time to execute scheduled tasks. If for example a heavy import job is to be executed once a week it would make sense to do it at a time when the editors are not active or when the traffic to the site is low. Continue reading Extending scheduled task to set execution time
In the official documentation you can read that Sitecore will choose index based on the RootPath in the crawler and based on the placing in the web.config.
Basically if you create an index that indexes everything under /sitecore/content/home/products you will need to get that index defined before for example the master index in the web.config otherwise your new index will not be considered at all. But what does actually happen here? Continue reading How does Sitecore ContentSearch determine which index to use
So you have created a great new custom field that links items to items, but it is not working with the link database? Well the fix is not that hard. One way of getting around the problem and getting the custom field to register the links in the link database is to inherit the class CustomField and overriding the ValidateLinks, UpdateLink, Relink and RemoveLink methods. Continue reading Simple custom field with working link database
This post will show how to create a personalization based on three profile keys and show different spots based on which profile key currently has the highest score. Continue reading Personalization based on highest ranking profile key
In Sitecore 7.1 the new indexes are very powerful and allow you to do stuff easily that in Sitecore 6 took quite an effort. An example of that is if you want to tag items and show lists of the items based on the tagging. This can be achieved with a computed index field and some good old Sitecore work. So lets look at the first part of the task and add a tag to the index at hand. Continue reading How to create a Computed index field
Last week when I was setting up workflows for my customer I made a mistake that had some interesting side effects that were not all that predictable. When i added the workflow to the standard values of the template I was in a bit of a rush (that is my story and I am sticking to it) and I added the workflow to the field called “Workflow” to the standard values of the template. Just to really make sure that it would be in the right workflow state upon creating an item based on the template I added the first state to the field “State” as well. Continue reading Workflow on standard values mistake